"The New Corvette Has Been Unveiled and It Is Ready to Take on Ferrari."
The risks were enormous. Traditionalists were rejecting the mid-engine rumors and new audiences had to believe an American car could challenge the best in the world. So, we built the entire launch around the forgotten vision of Zora Arkus-Duntov, the father of the Corvette, that one day it would evolve to become a mid-engine supercar. Searching film vaults and photo archives, we seeded media and fans through rich content with hidden Easter Eggs, changing perceptions almost instantly.
We livestreamed the event to the world, using augmented reality to highlight the mid-engine design. The broadcast pulled a higher rating than the Conan O’Brien show airing in the same timeslot and reached #5 on Twitter’s U.S. trends. The program earned over 4,700 stories and received 37,000 pre-orders in the first three months, surpassing the first year sales of Corvette’s previous-generation model.
- 06/2021: The D Show (Adcraft Detroit) – Finalist/Silver: Public Relations
- 08/2019: General Motors’ Torque Awards – Moonshot Award
Case Study Video
This video was used to confirm the C8 Corvette would be mid-engine. To do so, we embedded flash frames featuring mid-engine prototypes dating back over 60 years.
This video was released shortly after the first in order to help viewers understand all the hidden Easter Eggs.
This video closed the reveal event, setting up the next chapters featuring the C8 Convertible and C8.R race car.
Making the Mid-Engine Corvette
- Creative Leadership: Iain Lanivich
- Group Creative Director: Tony Kause
- Creative Director: Rob Hendrickson
- Sr. Art Director: Jonathan Candelaria
- Sr. Copywriter: Tommy Simon
- Art Director: Kirby
- Copywriter: Erin Townsend
- Sr. Producers: Nate Kostegian, Tom Shea
- Producers: Cassie Kline, Bryan Fenster
- Jr. Editor: Zen Grey